Every new ViaSat customer must have an active anti-virus program installed on their computer when connecting to the ViaSat Network. The ViaSat Online Welcome Kit contains a link for the F-Secure software. ViaSat provides this service to you free for a limited period of your contract.
This article describes the installation process for the ViaSat F-Secure software.
- You have downloaded the ViaSat F-Secure software:
- If not, the software can be downloaded here.
- You have removed any existing anti-virus software using the Add/Remove tool from the Windows Control Panel.
Download F-Secure Software
There are multiple ways to download the F-Secure software.
- After signing your Electronic Customer Agreement, the "Welcome to ViaSat" Page displays. Click the download the latest version of the F-Secure software link.
- All new customers receive an Online Welcome Kit via their contact email after activating their ViaSat services. The link to the F-Secure software and your F-Secure activation key are located within your Online Welcome Kit.
- Visit www.wildblueworld.com/security and download F-Secure directly from our site.
- If you have previously downloaded the installation software reference one of the download methods above to ensure you are downloading the latest version of F-Secure.
- After downloading the F-Secure software, proceed to step Installation Process.
Note: ViaSat strongly recommend installing F-Secure when your Internet connection is available. This allows the setup program to download required updates during the installation.
- Double-click the ViaSat F-Secure icon to begin the installation process.
- Choose your Installation language and select the Install button.
- Select Yes if a security warning pops-up to allow the installation to proceed.
- Review the License Terms of the F-Secure software and select the I accept the license terms button to continue.
Note: If the I decline button is selected, the installation process will be cancelled.
- The installation window will appear and F-Secure will begin to prepare for the installation.
Note: This step may take a few minutes.
- Enter your 20-digit F-Secure subscription key in the blank field. Key codes are case sensitive.
Note: Reference Locating Your F-Secure Activation Key if you need to retrieve your subscription key.
- The Automatic Installation window will appear which lists the F-Secure products that will be installed on your computer. Select Next to continue the installation process.
- You will then receive a Thank you for choosing F-Secure message. You will also have an F-Secure launch pad on your desktop.
- Your installation is now complete. Restart your computer to begin using the F-Secure anti-virus software.
Installation Error Messages
During the installation process F-Secure looks for other anti-virus applications that may be installed on your computer. If it finds any conflicting programs, F-Secure will present the option to manually remove the software or have F-Secure automatically remove it for you. It is important that you have only 1 anti-virus program installed on your computer at a time. If the conflicting software is not removed, F-Secure will not complete the installation process.
Unsupported Operating System
F-Secure is compatible with most recent Window's operating Systems. If you are currently using an unsupported operating system, you will receive the below error message. In order to run F-Secure on your computer, you will need to upgrade to a Window's operating system listed below.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit)