How do I configure DHCP for Windows Vista?
SummaryThe following information explains how to configure Windows Vista DHCP settings to automatically obtain an IP address when connected to the ViaSat network.
Close all open applications on your PC
- Select the Start button on the Windows toolbar
- Select Control Panel from the menu to open the Control Panel window
- In the Control Panel window, double-click the Network and Sharing Center icon to open the Network and Sharing Center window
Note: If the Control Panel looks different, select Classic View on the left side of the window.
- On the left side of the window select the Manage network connections option. This will display the Network Connections window.
- Right-click the WildBlue Local Area Connection icon
Note: If the User Account Control window comes up, select the Continue button.
- Select Properties from the menu. This will display the Local Area Connection Properties window.
- On the Local Area Connection Properties window, under “This connection uses the following items” section, select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- Select the Properties button
- In the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IP) Properties window, select the General tab
- Verify/select the radio buttons for Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Select the OK button to save the changes and close the window
- Close out all screens and restart your computer.
This article was last modified on 1/8/2013 3:30:17 PM