Tracking Equipment Recovery Shipments at UPS.com
SummaryThis article details the steps to follow to view the tracking information for Leased Equipment Recovery Kit shipments on UPS.com.
- Access http://www.ups.com. The UPS Global Home Page displays.
- Select United States-English from the Select Your Location drop down list.
- Select the arrow button to go. The Welcome to UPS screen appears.
- Locate the Track section on the left hand side of the screen.
- Ask the customer if they have their tracking number.
- If the customer provides the tracking number, enter it into the Tracking or InfoNotice Numbers field to search for the customer's package shipment location. Select the Track button.
- If the customer cannot provide the tracking number, check to see if the tracking number is noted in a recent Logistics tickets.
- If the tracking number is not available, select More Options located below the Recently Tracked field.
- Select the Track by Reference option.
- Enter the following information in the Track by Reference fields.
- Shipment Type: Package
- Shipment Reference:
- For a WildBlue customer enter their 9-digit numerical account number (example: 123456789)
- For an Exede customer, enter their 9-digit numerical account number with _SB2 (example: 123456789_SB2)
- Shipment Date Range: Adjust if necessary
- Shipper Account: Leave blank
- Destination Country: United States
- Destination ZIP/Postal Code: Leave blank
- Note the package's Status and convey the status to the customer.
Note: DO NOT use the Package field to determine what equipment was returned. The Package field will always be 5 pounds no matter what pieces of equipment are in the box.
- Delivered: The package has been received.
- In Transit: UPS is in possession of the package. The next line indicates the estimated date of delivery.
- On Vehicle For Delivery Today: UPS is in possession of the package and it will be delivered today.
- Order Processed Ready for UPS: Shipping labels have been created for the package; however UPS has not picked up the package yet.
- Exception: Action Required: UPS attempted to deliver the package, but was unable to. This is usually due to an incorrect address or an address UPS is unable to deliver to. Check the Shipment Progress section to understand the exception.
- Returning to Sender: UPS is returning the box to the sender. Check the Shipment Progress section to understand the reason for returning to sender.
Note: By mousing over the package status a pop-up box will appear and explain what that exact status means as well as list reasons why the shipment may currently reflect that status.
This article was last modified on 10/22/2012 4:12:19 PM