Configuring Outlook 2007 Email Client
Use this article to manually configure Outlook 2007 for Windows.
- Launch Outlook 2007.
- On the Toolbar, click Tools and select Account Settings from the menu.
- Click New.
- Click the radio button next to strong>POP3, then click Next. The Auto Account Setup screen appears.
- Check the Manual configure server settings... box, and click Next. The Choose E-mail Service screen appears.
- Click Internet E-mail, and click Next.
- In the box next to Your Name, type the name you'd like to see when someone receives an email from you.
- In the box next to Email Address, type the complete email address (including @wildblue.net).
- In the box next to Incoming mail server (POP3), type pop.gmail.com.
- In the box next to Outgoing mail server (SMTP), type smtp.gmail.com.
- In the box next to User Name, re-type the complete email address (including @wildblue.net)
- In the box next to Password, type in the wildblue.net password.
- Click More Settings. The Internet Email Settings page appears.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab to change server settings.
- Type 995 in the box next to Incoming server (POP3).
- Check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Type 465 in the box next to Outgoing server (SMTP).
- Select SSL from the Use the follow type of encrypted connection: list.
- Click OK. The Internet E-Mail Settings (POP3) screen re-appears.
- Click Test Account Settings. After receiving the Congratulations! All tests completed successfully page, click Close.
- Click Next and then click Finish.
This article was last modified on 1/8/2013 9:43:57 AM